Monday, May 21, 2012

Ouch! SOB! Ouch! (Graphic Naked Nail Warning)

As I mentioned on my FB page, my nails became really dry because I have been painting in my house. It doesn't help that I'm a server and nurse...Constantly washing and using sanitizer on my hands. Some of my cuticles tore and I accidentally stabbed my pinkie while reaching into my purse (on a stupid bobby pin!). I decided to show you guys how I aid in the healing process (remember this is what helps ME and I just wanted to share. Everyone has their own process). 
WARNING NAKED NAIL (LOL!!)

OUCH!


All I use is antibacterial ointment on my torn cuticles and wrap them in band aids while I sleep. This is a prescription that I have but you can use something like Neosporin or a generic version. Simple enough and really helps. If this has happened to you, do you notice that the finger will swell? Freakin' hurts!! 

Until next time,
Don't spill your polish:)

PS: While my cuticles heal, I'm going to do a few reviews on different nail items. 
Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. Oh no! Hope your pinky heals really fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeez that looks fairly sore! hope it heals soon.

    I am looking forward to the reviews on nail items though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good tip! I hope it heals soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should try Helping Hands Hand Cream from Lush :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you purchase this from? I would love to try it. The weather here in VA has been crazy and it has been effecting my nails and hands.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use hydrogen peroxide a few times a day. It really does a super job of irrigating the wound. It gets way down into your nail bed and cleans the wound super good. You can see the little bubble action that shows its working. Then neosporin and a bandaid. :)

    ReplyDelete